Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WWI Silk Satin Hat

I am getting together a WWI era outfit for a centennial event in August and have been slowly putting bits and pieces together.  I just finished another version of the Lynn McMasters pattern (the first was cotton velvet in View D) and I was pleased with how it came out.  I made a special trip to Downtown LA earlier this year to pick up supplies at California Millinery (oh my, I love that place), and also found a satin that had a nice backing, not too stiff or slippery, and didn't scream synthetic.  I really like how this hat turned out and really liked working with a curved needle on this project.  For trim I have an antique spray of black wheat to add, and that's about it.
Lynn McMasters pattern, View B
Lynn McMasters pattern, View B interior

No comments:

Post a Comment